Welcome to the Jones County Health Department
The Jones County Health Department will be hosting a FREE Rabies Vaccination Clinic on Saturday, September 30th, 2023 from 9am-12pm at 418 Hwy 58 N, Trenton. 1 and 3 year vaccines are available for cats and dogs. In order to receive a 3 year vaccine, proof of prior Rabies vaccination is required.
The Jones County Board of Health passed the amended rule “Regulation of Tobacco Products in Local Government Buildings” which has been adopted as an ordinance by Jones County and goes into effect on December 1st, 2022. This ordinance prohibits the use of all tobacco products on Health Department property. To see more about this ordinance, click here.
PLEASE Click on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 tab, then COVID-19 Vaccine for the most UP TO DATE information about vaccine eligibility at the Jones County Health Department
The next regular meeting of the Jones County Board of Health will be on September 26, 2023 in the multi-purpose conference room between the Health Department and DSS.
Jones County contracts with Onslow County for Mosquito and Vector Control services. Please click on the Mosquito Control tab under the Environmental Health tab in the menu above to report mosquito activity in your township and request spraying.
Check out our “Featured Topics” section for recent updates and announcements.
For a snapshot of the services we provide, please click here to view or print our brochure.
Like Us on Facebook!
The Jones County Health Department has a Facebook page! Like us at www.facebook.com/jonescountyhd
Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles:
The mission of the Jones County Health Department is to promote sound health policies, prevent and control the spread of disease, and safeguard the integrity of the environment for all citizens of Jones County.
The vision of the Jones County Health Department is to be recognized as the primary provider of health service, education and support for our community.
Our Guiding Principles
We believe in:
- Being ACCOUNTABLE to those we serve;
- Showing RESPECT by treating others the way they want to be treated, not how we think they should be treated;
- Exhibiting FLEXIBILITY by stepping out of our comfort zone to make the customer our priority;
- Achieving EXCELLENCE daily as we learn from our mistakes and continuously improve on what we do.
The 10 Essential Public Health Services:
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained in the Jones County Health Department Website should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your health care provider. There may be variations in treatment that your health care provider may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.