Welcome to the Jones County Health Department
The Jones County Health Department would like to welcome Mrs. Christi Rogers, PA-C as our health care provider. We are seeing patients for Family Planning, Sexually Transmitted Infection, Immunization, and BCCCP appointments. Call and make your appointments today!
Would you like to be a part of the Jones County Health Department decision making team?
Consider becoming a member of the Board of Health. We are currently looking to fill three open positions on the board; the public member, Optometrist, and Physician. If you are interested in any of these positions pleas contact us at 252-448-9111.
Can you spare 15 minutes to help us out ?
The Jones County Health Department partnering with CarolinaEast Health System, Craven County Health Department and Pamlico County Health Department is conducting a community health assessment for Jones, Craven and Pamlico Counties via the internet. A community health assessment is a process completed every three years by which we gain an understanding of the health concerns, and health care systems of our community. We do this by collecting and analyzing data from both the NC State Center for Health Statistics and the citizens of Jones, Craven, and Pamlico Counties. This information will then provide the basis for discussion and action of the identified health care issues. We thank you for your participation. Please click here to complete the survey.
“Promoting sound health policies within the community, to prevent and control the spread of disease, to facilitate rehabilitation of the disabled and to safeguard the integrity of the environment”
Like Us on Facebook!
The Jones County Health Department now has a Facebook page! Like us at www.facebook.com/jonescountyhd.
Public Health Priorities
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained in the Jones County Health Department Web site should not be used as a substitute for the medical care and advice of your health care provider. There may be variations in treatment that your health care provider may recommend based on individual facts and circumstances.