Through the School Nurse Funding Initiative of the NC Division of Public Health, the Jones County Health Department provides funds to support the Jones County Public Schools School Nurse program. Registered Nurses pave the way for a healthier future through providing parent/child support and guidance, as well as health education. Responsibilities are extended to include medical case management services inclusive of referral and follow-up. These services are provided to students, faculty and staff of the Jones County Public School system.
School Nurse Services Include:
- Health assessment and referrals
- Training of school staff to handle medication administration, invasive procedures and chronic illness (diabetes, asthma, etc.)
- Coordinate healthcare for students with special needs
- Provide health information to students and school staff
- Assist with immunization compliance and school safety