The Jones County Health Department provides funding for the Jones County Schools School Nurse program. Registered nurses pave the way for a healthier future through providing parent/child support and guidance, as well as health education. Responsibilities are extended to include medical case management services inclusive of referral and follow-up. These services are provided to students, faculty and staff of the Jones County Public School system.
School Nurse Services Include:
- Health Assessment and referrals
- Training of school staff to handle medication administration, invasive procedures and chronic illness (diabetes, asthma, etc.)
- Coordinate healthcare for students with special needs
- Provide health information to students and school staff
- Assist with immunization compliance and school safety