In the last few years Jones County Health Department has been reevaluating the programs and services we offer. Although we have not added back all the services and programs we had prior to 2013 we are proud to say that we have added the following to the state mandated services we have always offered:
- CHILD HEALTH WELL CHILD VISITS
- SICK CHILD VISITS (when a provider is available please call ahead)
- Immunization services for adults and children
- Communicable Disease Surveillance and Investigation in collaboration with the Division of Public Health
- Sexually Transmitted Infections and Disease Services (when a provider is available)
- HIV Testing Services
- Tuberculosis testing and control program (TB) services
- Family Planning Services (Physicals and Long Acting Reversible Contraceptive placements when a provider is available)
- Environmental Health Services
- Women Infants and Children (WIC) Program Services
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program Services
- WISEWoman Program Service
- Care Coordination for Children Case Management Services
- Pregnancy Care Management Services
We are also proud to welcome our new Medical Director Dr. Ricky Watson, MD, MSPH from East Carolina University (ECU) Family Medicine. Dr. Watson completed his residency in Family Medicine at ECU/Pitt County Memorial Hospital, Greenville, NC in 1993. He received his doctorate in 1990 from ECU. He also has a MSPH from UNC-Chapel Hill and received his undergraduate degree from Davidson College. With a board certification in Family Medicine Dr. Watson is also has interests in Women’s Health, Infectious Disease, travel and wilderness medicine, and healthcare delivery systems. We look forward to working with Dr. Watson on the best ways to serve our clients.
Dr. Watson is joined by our new provider Dr. Jan Tillman, DNP, MSN, RN, FNP-BC. Dr. Tillman has been serving clients at the Jones County Health Department since December 2014. She is currently on faculty at ECU as part of the College of Nursing Department of Advanced Nursing Practice and Education. She is available to see clients two days most weeks. Please call for an appointment or prior to walking in to ensure that she will be available to see you.
The following is a list of local healthcare providers who provide primary medical services for adults and their contact information. If you are a former patient and choose to contact the healthcare providers directly health department staff will assist in the transfer of medical records to the new provider.
Adult Health Services:
Goshen Medical Center- Trenton, NC
252-448-7441, Samantha or Kristin can assist with making appointments
Craven County Health Department
252-636-4920 press 1 for appointments
The Jones County Health Department will continue to review its programs and strive to offer the best public health services to the citizens of Jones County. If you have any questions or would like to provide feedback please call 252-448-9111 and ask to speak to Wesley P. Smith, Health Director.
The Jones County Health Department is a provider (in-network) with Tricare, Cigna, Medicare and Medicaid. We Cash, Check, and VISA/MasterCard/Discover Card payments. For uninsured patients, charges will be based on a sliding fee scale which accounts for annual gross family income and size of household.
For questions regarding service fees, please call 252-448-9111.