The mission of Environmental Health is to safeguard health, and protect the environment through the practice of modern environmental health science, technology, rules, public education and above all dedication to the public trust.
Environmental Health carries out this mission through both mandated and non- mandated services. Mandated services include on-site wastewater (septic systems), food and lodging, swimming pools, child daycare and institution inspections. The staff of the Jones County Environmental Health Division is charged with enforcing North Carolina laws and rules while performing these mandated programs.
For questions or concerns regarding septic tank please contact Vester Freeman via email at email@example.com
The Environmental Health Division provides the following services:
- Septic tank permits for new installations and existing systems as well as repair permits for failing systems
- Water sampling for bacterial and chemical analysis
- Permits and inspections for facilities which provide food or lodging to the public (ex. Restaurants, hotels, schools, meat markets)
- Permits and inspections of public swimming pools
- Permits for tattoo facilities
- Inspections of rest and nursing facilities and daycare facilities
- Inspections of migrant housing
- Complaint investigations
- Rabies Control
- Mosquito Control
Environmental Health Fees
Environmental Health Applications
For more information regarding the Environmental Health Division at the Jones County Health Department please contact Vester Freeman at 252-448-1221 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interpreter services are available if needed.
Environmental Health Links of Interest: